March 30, 2011

Faith


I lost my faith by the waters of peace
For of what use was faith when all was well
I had no use for it and it had no use for me.

I found faith again by the plains of Uz
Near the skeletons of my peace
The waters were gone,
Only desert plains and affliction remained

Faith came to me as a child
She was bald with tufts of diseased hair
Small head, enormous belly
Decaying milk teeth,
Reminiscent of malnourished children in Northern Africa
 
She walked towards me with a limp and a cup of precious water
She kissed my brow;
And with a smile that held a promise,
She whispered in my ear
'Your Faith will make u whole
And you will make your Faith whole'

She took my hand and we walked towards the oasis
Her teeth healed as my burdens fell off
Her limp disappeared as laughter found my mouth.
As we neared the wells of Elim,
She blossomed into Wisdom

'She is more precious than rubies;
and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared to her'

Faith needed me as much as I needed her.

Song of the day: Boyzone- You needed me

No comments:

Post a Comment