September 5, 2012

Beautiful Mess

I am probably Jason Mraz's long lost soul mate. I know this because he sings all the words i want to say, to write, to dream...

I have this song on replay. 

It makes me think of my life. I am really a beautiful mess. The beautiful is God, the mess is me-my mistakes, my scars, my past, the many, far too many dark days i have had in my few years here on earth.

I am a storyteller. I accept that title but there is one story I am fine not telling, one tale I am more than willing to let Someone else script. The blank sheaves of paper that will someday tell of my life...

*******************************************************************************************************************
I am supposed to write a story for a blog series about not believing in God. I have written only five words and my deadline is in a few days. I almost want to tell the organisers that I cannot do this and how much of a mess I have made of every story line that has come to mind since i got assigned this job of telling what it must be like to not believe in God. I don't know why i am still hanging in there. I should just give up and let someone else write this.

But somehow, I am still holding on, looking at a blank screen and the five words on my otherwise blank Word document. I need God to fill this blankness, to make this mess and emptiness into something beautiful...


And through timeless words and priceless pictures

We'll fly like birds not of this earth
And tides they turn and hearts disfigure
But that's no concern when we're wounded together
And we tore our dresses and stained our shirts
But it's nice today, oh the wait was so worth it




Song of the day: Jason Mraz- A Beautiful Mess.

2 comments:

  1. Special request can you send me the link when you write the blog. Would love to read it

    ReplyDelete