November 19, 2011

Facing my fears

They say coming face to face with your fears is the best way to deal with them.


Last night, i faced my fears. I was calm, unmoved, fearless. I was a warrior with no more battle left in her but damn if i was going down. I listened. I laughed. I forgave myself. I am still here. Unbowed. 


I woke up this morning and the sun was shining brightly despite the chill. This is life. Two sides of a coin. Two stories to be told. Your version, my version. I have no control over your story but my story is all mine. I have no intention of letting anyone determine my story. 


Happy thanksgiving people. This is what i have to be thankful for.


1. God's love
2. Life
3. Family
4. Friends
5. Love
6. School
7. Stories
8. The future


Here is a to a longer list next year...twins maybe? ;)


Song of the day: Asa - Eye Adaba

8 comments:

  1. Twins! *the kind of one I am thinking* Amen!

    lol

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with LDP.. Twins all the way...

    Great list by the way - loads of quotidian things we take for granted.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I super proud of you, schweets!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Professeur and Ohj...oya you people should join hands and lets fast towards this TWINS issue oh!!!

    @Doll...and i of you, always...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know potential donors o.
    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy thanksgiving.
    What happened to your fears, did they slink away crying like babies?
    I bet they did. Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh nice! I shoulda made a list too, instead of just a mental rundown... off I go to remember all His benefits!

    ReplyDelete